Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Experimenting with Distress Ink

I have been trying to do a little more with the distress ink pads that I have. Sometimes I have success and then there are other times that -- Well, things don't go so well. For this experiment, I started with a quarter sheet of white card stock and sponged it using antique linen, vintage photo and tea dye distress inks. It looked like a mess, but I continued on. I chose a stamp from SU's Serene Silhouettes and embossed the image with black detail embossing powder. After trying to match the image with different colored card stock, I decided to use the leftover piece of sponged paper to cut the scalloped layer. After putting the stamped image back into the cutting die, I used a black ink pen to create the black line just inside the cut edge.

Here are the two parts cut from the sponged paper ready to be put together.

 This is the finished card. It is amazing to me how pretty the end result can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment