Monday, August 18, 2014

CAS286 -- Feed Our Faith

Today's CAS challenge was ways to use a stencil. This was going to be easy! Well, not quite. On my first try, I got the background to dark. The stamped image did not show up very well. On the second try, the background was better, but the stamp smeared. The third time -- much better.

I used a stencil from Tim Holtz called "Burlap". Memento Sky Blue and Desert Sand were used for the sponging and VerseFine Onyx Black for the stamping. After removing the stencil I went over the sponged areas with the same ink to give a softer look. The birds are from Stampin' Up's set called "Wetlands" and the sentiment comes from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set called "Be Encouraged". I used SU Bashful Blue for the card base. I did not have black brads so I made my own. I punched three circles using a 1/4-inch punch, glued them in place and cover them with 3D Crystal Lacquer. They will need to be coated again once they dry. I learned this trick from Roxie at Splitcoast Stampers when she was doing the Wednesday sketch challenges a few years ago. Finally I was able to salvage a strip from the first background and use it on the inside of the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment