Monday, August 11, 2014

CAS285 -- The Colors of A Watermelon

Today's CAS challenge was to use at least three colors from the watermelon palette that you see here.


What beautiful colors! For my palette I chose to use Stampin' Up's cherry cobbler, blushing bride and pear pizzazz with a layer of black. Now here is my card--


I used two Stampin' Up sets -- "Bloom With Hope" and "Summer Silhouettes". I colored the flowers with my colored pencils and Gamsol. I used the SU's color spritzer tool (which is now retired) with markers to add a little color to the white background.

The middle layer was cut using some new dies that I got in  the mail today. They are Spellbinder Dies called "pierced circles". There are three circle dies with a pierced inlay for each one. I know that I am going to enjoy using these dies.


No comments:

Post a Comment