Thursday, April 10, 2014

End of the Week

The end of the week is almost here. It has been so nice to have weather that allows you to be outside some during the week. I love watching things come "alive" in the spring time.

I wanted to post my card for Wednesday's sketch challenge. It was really a fun sketch to work on.


 I called  my card "Sending Some Sunshine". The yellow made me think of the sunshine and the warmth of spring. The flower is made from the yellow polka dot designer paper and a stamp from Stampin' Up's Flower Shop set. Black makes a great accent color with any pastel and it worked perfectly with the yellow.

Now for my "card in a box". The first one never got past the assembly stage. I scored one of the lines incorrectly so it would not fold properly. The next one worked well and I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. Wednesday the idea of making one for a lady in our Parkinson's Support Group came to mind. Helen has been in a senior living home for several months now because she was no longer able to live by herself. I wanted to go see her, and when I went, I wanted to take her a card that I had made. This is the card that I took to her this afternoon. There are so many instructions on peoples blogs that I will not go into those details. These cards are really a lot of fun to make. They each turn out a little bit differently. I am looking forward to making another one in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment