Wednesday, February 12, 2014

SC475

When I saw the sketch for today's challenge at SCS I knew the direction I wanted to go. I had been wanting to try a card using the Cricut cartridge "Elegant Edges" and this sketch seemed to say "Now is the time". I finally got to my craft room in the late afternoon. Now here is my card.


 
The white layers were cut at 1 3/4-inches, 3 1/4-inches and 4 3/4-inches. The Rose Red layers were cut using the same measurements with the shadow creative function key on. Next, I sprayed the white layers with a color wash that I had made using rubbing alcohol and my SU Rose Red reinker. The flower was made using SU Rose Red cardstock and a flower die from La La Land. Before shaping the flower, I sponged the edges/petals with SU white craft ink. Pearls placed in the center finished the flower.

My Spring Time Flower
 
I had to add this picture to my blog. Before Christmas I purchased an Amaryllis blub and put it in the garage. Around the first of the year I planted it in the material that was provided. This is what I was treated too today. It is beautiful and makes me feel happy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment