Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SC446--Pretty In Pink Birthday

What a cool sketch for today’s challenge at SCS. I needed a birthday card for a friend and this turned out to be just the right sketch. The flowers are from the retired SU stamp set called “Close As A Memory” and colored using SU markers. The “happy birthday” comes from a new SU hostess set called “Express Yourself”. I used several techniques in making this card. The pink background started out as a white piece of card stock. I spritzed it with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and a few drops of SU Rose Red re-inker. The layer behind the stamped image was a piece of white embossed card stock. I ran a brayer over the piece using the SU Pretty in Pink ink pad. The accent paper was Bazzill’s “Intense Pink”. I love this card stock when I am using numerous layers. This was one of those days where most things went just right.



No comments:

Post a Comment