Friday, January 18, 2013

"A Challenge" Challenge

This morning I looked again at the challenge at Joan's Garden. I thought that I would try to see what I could come up with. This one really challenged me. The challenge was to--

Create a card that:
Opens from the bottom (a Tent style card)
Use purple, aqua and light green for the colors
Use somethings from nature for the theme
 
Here is my card
 

I used a stamp from the Stampin' Up set "Of the Earth". I used markers to color the stamp so that I had a focal image that tied all the colors together. From there it was a matter of finding the right colors of card stock to complete the card. I followed the first sketch for the new year from Splitcoast Stamps--SC417. I am so proud that I actually finshed this challenge. When I started out, it would have been easy to quite.

4 comments:

  1. Dianne, I am glad you didn't quit as your card is very pretty. Great job with your colors too.

    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love to see people use older sets and make something wonderful with them. It makes me want to pull that set out and use it. You put it all together so well. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! I love the flower image and that sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on this challenge Dianne. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete