Friday, March 30, 2012

New Technique--Must Try Again

I saw a video on creating unique backgrounds using wax paper on Stamp TV and I wanted to give it a try. I then saw several really pretty cards that people posted using the technique. So--I had to give it a try. I am not sure what I did wrong because mine did not come out as dramatic as the other cards I had seen. (My first try went into the waste basket.) The stamped images on my card are from Stampin' Up's "Fabulous Florets". The sentiment is from a "Prickly Pear" set I got last summer. I used the wax paper technique on the background which I then sponged with Memento Ink and Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Antique Linen. The texture was very light and does not show in the picture. I love pink and black together--one of my favorite color combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment