Monday, February 27, 2012

Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge

I have never done one of Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge. This one sounded very interesting. The challenge was--

This week the challenge team is challenging you to think outside of the box....Create any card or project that is not an A2, A6, or A7 rectangular or square card. It can be a different fold (diamond fold, joy fold, easel, accordion, step, sidestep etc.) or a different shape.

As I was thinking about this challenge, this idea popped into my mind. Some weeks ago I had created a card pattern with my Cricut and Gypsy. I called it my pedal card. I used four circles, welded them together to create a card base. I adjusted the size to give me a 5-inch card when the pedals are folded in. I am not sure the card actually fits the challenge, but it is a different fold. The important thing was that I had fun creating the card. I used one of the verses from "Faith" and the inside greeting from "Happy Birthday". My cards are not as elegant as many of the other cards; I guess my style is more "clean and simple".

The flower on the front of the card is handmade. Last week as I was looking at cards on different web sites and then at different blogs, I ran across a pattern for small crocheted flowers. So last night I decided to see if I could make one. I used some embroidery thread and a small hook. You can see the result. Here is a link to the blog where I found the pattern.



2 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Dianne!! I just love your design, the pink, the sentiment, verse and your added details!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how beautiful!!! makes me think of spring. thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete