Monday, January 7, 2019

More

A few years ago, Stampin' Up had some fabric in their annual catalog. When it appeared on the clearance list, I ordered some. I loved the prints but I could never figure out how to use it.

Earlier this week I pulled out a piece and decided to use it to make one of my zippered pouches. As I looked at the print,  I realized it was a directional print. By carefully cutting the two outside pieces, I was able to get the front and back identical. This pouch has a detachable handle. I really was happy with the way it turned out. After doing three others I think I am figuring out how I want to do the zippers. Here is the link to the tutorial that was my inspiration -- Date Night Wristlet. I made the inside just plain.



With the handle detached

For the inside, I used a soft beige cotton fabric

The following pictures of two other pouches I made this week. Not sure yet whether I like the boxed bottom better than the flat ones.

Made with two a fat quarters One for the outside
and one for the inside..







No comments:

Post a Comment