Saturday, November 3, 2018

Time For Change

For a long time now I have been thinking about a name change for my blog. Why? Because my love of sewing and quilting has made a big come back in my life. I started to learn to sew in the seventh grade. By the time I was in high school, I was making almost all my clothes, even adding my own design elements to my outfits. I went to college and majored in Home Economics. Again my love of sewing came to the forefront. I loved designing my own patterns. The love of sewing was always there over the years that followed.

For several years this love of sewing was set aside while I pursued a new love -- that of paper crafting. I have focused on stamping and making cards for over ten years. Some time ago the love of sewing began to resurface. Quilting has come to the forefront. I love playing with colors and design. I want to add my sewing projects to my blog so that is the reason for the name change. The name will now be "Stamping and Quilting From My Heart."  I will be posting both my stamping and sewing projects

This was a project that I finished back in July. We have a 36" round dining room table with two 12" leaves. I designed the curved placemats to follow the curve of the table. With the leaves in, I then needed the rectangle mats. So, a set of placemats for my table include 4 shaped mats and 2 rectangle mats. When I saw this fabric, I knew that it would make a wonderful set for my table, especially for during the summer time.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment