Tuesday, October 9, 2018

First Post Since July

So much has happened since my last post. I can hardly believe that almost three months have past since then. Sometimes life takes us down a different path than what we were planning or would have chosen. There have been times of joy--our oldest grandson was married on August 4th. The whole family was able to be there and rejoice in the celebration. One grandson was not able to be there because he was in his Basic Cadet training at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Sarah was home from California so she came with her parents from Chicago. So all three of our granddaughters were together for the first time in many years. What a joy to see all their beautiful smiles.

After the wedding Don and I made a quick trip to Middle Tennessee to visit my brothers. Again we were blessed to be able to visit with them and their families.

Shortly after returning home our lives took a sudden change. On August 16, Don had open heart surgery with three bypasses. Since then we have been in recovery mode. And again the Lord has been with us and provided the healing that has been needed.

Last Saturday, I was able to return to my cards and my card class. These are the four cards that I had chosen for us to make.


This first card was a Christmas card using the new die set from the Peaceful Poinsettia Bundle from the Holiday Catalog. The card stock was SU Cherry Cobbler and white.


The second card used the Stampin' Up set called "Accented Blooms" with the coordinating Tailored Tag punch. The color was Tranquil Tide.


The third card uses the new Stampin' Up set from the Holiday Catalog called "Wishing You Well" It also uses the new embossing folder "Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder". Very Vanilla card stock was used with Soft Taupe and Cherry Cobbler ink.


The last card uses designer paper from 45 Graphic . I wanted the paper to speak for itself, so I kept every thing else very simple. I case'd this card using a picture that I had printed, probably off of Pinterest, some time ago.




1 comment: