Sunday, June 24, 2018

Summer Has Begun

Yes, summer has arrived in Michigan. We have already had a few 90 degree days, a few days in the upper 60's and lots of rain.

Parkinson's Disease continues to be a part of our lives. Sometimes it just gets in the way of my card making and postings, but that is just the way life is for now.

Last week, I made three cards for a class I had on Saturday morning. The cards were simple but well liked by the ladies who attended the class.

The first two cards were made using the Designer Series Paper from this past Sale-a-Bration. I saw so many beautiful cards posted on Pinterest. I had to see if coloring on the paper with water based markers really worked. "It did!" On the first card, I used a long time retired color called "Pale Plum". I only have the marker and a few sheets of the cardstock left. It has always been a favorite color of mine.


For the second card I used the color "Pool Party". Love that color. I used the marker and cardstock in that color.


 I also offered the card made with the color "Coastal Cabana". That was probably my favorite, but I didn't get a picture of a finished card in that color. The medallion was made with a scalloped circle and a die from the new framelet set called "Stitched Labels". The first stamp came from the new set "Stitched All Around" and the birthday greeting was a "Our Daily Bread Designs" stamp.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianne - These cards are delightful. I love the idea of using designer paper and adding excitement with color. I have a few "coloring book" style papers and have been hesitant. Maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete