Saturday, May 5, 2018

Quilt Guild Challenge for 2018

My Second Love -- Quilting

Life has kept me busy the last few weeks. After getting everything ready for my card class, I took a couple of weeks off from my paper-crafting and did some sewing. Our Quilt Guild was having a challenge for our April meeting. The challenge was to chose a piece of art work and use it as inspiration to create a quilt (30" x 40"). I chose a picture that my mother had purchased years ago. The artist is Ralph McDonald. He is an artist from Tennessee and has created beautiful pictures of wildlife. When we had to close my parents home in Tennessee, I brought the picture to Michigan and have it hanging on one of my walls.

This is the picture.


Here is my quilt. It was a challenge! I learned a lot and I am glad I did the challenge. 




No comments:

Post a Comment