Monday, May 7, 2018

One Year Anniversay

In April of 2017, our local scrapbook store closed. I had been doing a class there once a month. After receiving the news, the ladies wanted to continue our classes. I moved the class to my house on a the fourth Saturday morning of the month. Our April 2018 meeting marked our one year anniversary.   I wanted to do something special.  I wanted to make some cookies, but I just didn't get it done. Parkinson's got in the way. But I did get some little boxes made that held a Yankee votive candle. I found the pattern on Pinterest, messed up a few, and finally got eight made.

Then last week I finally made the decision to drop the card making meeting for a group of ladies from my church who have been coming to my house since February or March of 2012. We have had many good times together. I will miss them coming. Again Parkinson's has gotten in the way. The disease continues to progress for my husband. I just need to eliminate some stress from my life. I just can't do all the things I have been doing. Last week I was finally able to make that decision  and have peace about it.

I have to tell them tonight that this will be our last meeting. I have made some of the little boxes with a votive candle in each one. I hope they will each know how much their friendship  means to me.








God understands
Our Prayers,
even when we
can't find
The Words
to say them.
                     Author Unknown

1 comment: