Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Happy Father's Day

May is half gone so I was thinking about my upcoming card class. With June knocking on the door, I thought of "Father's Day" cards. I did not want to use brown or gray or dark blue. I wanted something bright and happy. The colors that jumped out at me were Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon. I didn't have any of the new designer paper so I made my own. I used Soft Sky card stock and ink. I think it made a beautiful background design. After stamping the sentiment on Soft Sky card stock using Lost Lagoon ink, I trimmed the words, cut them apart and used dimensionals to add them to the card. The candy dot was perfect to finish off the front.



I wanted to decorate the inside. I stamped the bottom of the white card stock using the top edge of the background stamp. Finally, using a ruler, I drew a line across the top of the stamped edge with the Lost Lagoon marker in one long smooth stroke. Love it.


Card Stock -- Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon and white
Stamps -- Just Rite Background Harlequin Script
                 Front Sentiment from Hero Arts
                 Inside sentiment from Stampin Up The Wildness Awaits
Ink -- Lost Lagoon
Accessories -- Candy Dot and Lost Lagoon marker

Blessed is those who fear the LORD,
Who find great delight in his commands.
They will have no fear of bad news;
Their hearts are steadfast,
Trusting in the LORD.
Psalm 112:1,7




No comments:

Post a Comment