Friday, March 2, 2018

Surrounded By His Love

When I go to post a picture of one of my sewing projects, I think that maybe I should change the name of my blog.

I love to sew. I started when I was in the seventh grade and have been sewing ever since. Because of where I am in life's journey, I tend to enjoy smaller projects better than large ones. I had made a wall hanging for Christmas but I knew that I could not leave it up all year. One day while looking at projects on Pinterest, I ran across a picture that really caught my attention. Immediately I knew that this was my next project. After playing with the design on graph paper, I was pretty sure I knew where I was going. I started my project in January at a quilting retreat. Finished it up this morning. I am not good at naming my projects, but I am going to call this one "Surrounded By His Love". I used the same fabric for the binding that I had used for the cross. Thus the name.



I fell in love with the new Stampin Up set called "Hold On To Hope". Early this month I wanted to use it for a class. I had seen a card using the set that really got my attention. After cutting the die from white card stock, you cut an oval around the opening. Cut a scalloped oval frame with a coordinating die. Glue the white oval onto the scalloped oval. Insert the cross back into the original cutout. It really gives a cool focal image -- and so simply. I really like the second card better because I like the higher contrast.







2 comments:

  1. Dianne your quilt is breathtaking It sends a powerful, quiet message of His love. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete