Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Artist Rule of Three

Today at the meeting of our stamp club "Create, Challenge, Encourage", the challenge was to use the artist rule of three on our cards. I looked through some of my older cards and was surprised how often I have used "three" flowers, butterflies, squares, circles, etc. in my design. The card I made for today's challenge had the three pandas from the 2018 Sale-a-bration set called "Party Panda's". These little guys are so cute. I had to hand cut each one. It really didn't take very long at all. I found the designer series paper in my scrap box which coordinates with a long time retired card stock called "Bordering Blue". I still had a few sheets left which was perfect. I meant to cut all the circles using the smaller circle punch, but when I started, I picked up the wrong one which was larger. I didn't have another piece of designer series paper so I just made it work. When I got everything glued together, I loved the card. I still want to add a sentiment but not sure just yet if it will be "Happy Birthday" or "Thinking of you". I hope that these little pandas will make you smile when you see them.




No comments:

Post a Comment