Tuesday, January 16, 2018

From My Heart

Valentine's Day is less than a month away. I thought that we would make a Valentine card in our class on Saturday. I was also looking for a way to use my new stamp set called "Beautiful Bouquet". This is such a pretty set and I had not had the opportunity to use it. As I was looking on Pintrest for inspiration, I ran across a simple but very pretty card. My card is a CASE of that card that you can see here.

The stems are from the "Beautiful Bouquet" set. The heart stamp is from the set called "Banner Blast". When I stamped the heart, I had a hard time getting it to stamp solid. I just left it. When I was all finished, I went over each heart with my "Wink of Stella" pen. That spread the ink color around just enough that it created a very pretty effect. My accent color was Cherry Cobbler--such a beautiful, rich red.

For my bow, I used some white  twine that had been on clearance and colored it with my "Cherry Cobbler" reinker. That is such a cool way of getting the color needed. It's just a little bit messy. Especially when working the "red".



No comments:

Post a Comment