Monday, November 6, 2017

Into The Forest

"Into the Forest" is today's CAS challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. This challenge was the motivation that I needed to try to make the card that has been playing around in my imagination for several weeks.

After breakfast one morning at Cracker Barrel, I saw this wooden plaque that really caught my attention. Right away I could tell that it was going to be the perfect inspiration for a special Christmas card. I did not get a good picture because, at the time, there were lots of things in front of it.




The card was perfect for today's challenge. 


The card basically used dies. The trees are from Impression Obsession. The deer is from Memory Box (I think). The larger stars were made using a punch, and the tiny stars were cut from a new Stampin' Up die in the set called "Card Front Builder Thinlet Dies".I was hoping that the small tree and the tiny stars would add depth to the picture. For the background I used Night of Navy card stock. For the die cuts I used a beautiful glitter card stock from Core'dinations. The greeting is from the Our Daily Bread Designs set called "Luke 2:11" which was heat embossed with silver embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the idea. I have some of SYs 6x6 wood cardstock and Heartfelt's evergreen dies. Had been thinking of trying to work the combo into a card but just did not get that far yet. As a friend of mine says, "life just got in the way!" Love the inspiration offered here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What to mentions your use of proportion with the dies. It gave your card a "depth" that was so eye-appealing. Great job Dianne!

    ReplyDelete