Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Christmas Quilt

Sewing/quilting is my other love. Over the years I have made quilts, table runners, placemats, tote bags, etc. For the past 10 years I have taken something hand made to our Parkinson's Support Group's Christmas Auction, This year I took two table runners and three sets/boxes of greeting cards. Now I wanted to do something that would be mine. Selfish? Maybe.

Back in June, while visiting "Quilts at the Marshall House" in Marshall, Michigan I saw this Christmas panel that I fell in love with on the spot. I brought one panel. They had only one coordinating fabric to go with the panel. I got 2 yards. A few weeks later, while in Frankenmuth, I discovered that there were other fabrics in the family called "Forever Green" by Moda. I visited Missouri Star Quilt Company's web site and found that they had just about all of the different fabrics. I placed an order and ended up with a number of half yard pieces. I knew that I wanted to make a wall hanging and maybe some table runners. It took me longer to find a pattern than it took to finally make the wall hanging. Yesterday, November 20, I finished the quilt and got it hung in my living room. Now I have a spot that I can hang other quilts in the future.

And I still have enough fabric left for those table runners.



1 comment:

  1. Oh Dianne, you make me want to sew! Love this pattern and your use of fabric. I visited the quilters store here in AA the other day and was overwelmed with the beautiful ideas they showed (I needed some thread and they were so helpful for this non-sewer!)

    ReplyDelete