Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Eight-Point Quilt Block

I finally got a chance to try out the new "Quilt Builder Framelites Dies" this evening. I am so excited about the possibilities. I cut out four sets in four different colors then I re-assembled the pieces in different color combinations. Here is a picture of my finished card. Of course I had to add in some black. Pink with black is one of my favorite color combinations.

The four colors I used were black, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red and a pink I found that was just a little bit darker than Pretty In Pink. I created several layers which I really love. The sentiment is  from a retired set called "Three Little Words".  So perfect for what I wanted to do. The words on the inside say "thanks so much".


I  put together two other pieces. Just don't have the cards finished yet. Love how there are so many ways to put the quilt blocks back together. Each one becomes so unique.


Love the saying that comes with the coordinating stamp set "Christmas Quilt"--

When life gives you scraps,
make a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment