Saturday, September 2, 2017

Christmas Cards Continued

The last few days, I have been enjoying going through my Christmas stamps and dies. I am finding some lovely stamps and dies that have never been used or used very little. These two cards were made with some Our Daily Bread Designs dies that I got a couple of years ago. I had cut it out before but never finished a card.

The die set, from Our Daily Bread Designs, is called "Delightful Decorations" released in 2015. The cardstock used in this first card is Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler. The top layer of the ornament is a gold foil cardstock that I found at JoAnn's. The sentiment comes from Our Daily Bread Designs set called "Christmas Mimi". I added two score lines above and below the sentiment to give a little more interest to the white background.

A special tip--When I have scraps of green cardstock left over, I try to cut as many leaves and branches as I can get out of that piece. I store them in a clear stamp box until needed. I love using different shades of greenery in a single project. I think it gives a natural feel to the card and adds more interest to the design.


This second card uses the second top layer die of the same set. The accent layer of cardstock on this card is Stampin' Up's Rich Razzleberry. The branch of greenery came from my little box. I also found the embossed piece of white card stock laying on my work space. Just had to trim one side. This is a 4 1/4-inch square card. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's set called "Petite Pairs".




No comments:

Post a Comment