Friday, September 1, 2017

Card Sample for Christmas

I am beginning to think about my "Christmas cards" for 2018. I know that it seems a long way off. I would really like to have some ideas of what I am going to do this year so I can begin to prepare. Last year I was not able to get started until after Thanksgiving and I remember how frustrated I felt. I don't want that to happen this year. I love Christmas and I want it to be a happy time.

Here is one of my first samples. I saw a card made like this on Pinterest but when I went back to see it, I could not find it among my "pins". So this was done from my memory (which is not always right). That being said, I really do like this card. A little time consuming but quite easy.

For the card base I used Stampin' Up's Island Indigo cardstock and ink. After cutting the oval from the front panel, I wanted to add some embossing texture. So I cut a piece of  cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  After some careful measuring, I cut out the oval to match the original card base and then used my new "Holly" embossing folder. It was then glued to the card front.


For the inside card, I started with a white piece measuring 8" x 5 1/4" folded in half. I placed the card on the inside of the card base and lightly traced some of the oval. I added my stamped image and erased the marks. Then I opened it and stamped the inside greeting.  Finally, I glued the inside card on to the inside back of the card base. I think it creates a unique fold. I don't have a name for the fold but I really do like it. Different.




1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely card. A great reminder why we celebrate this holy event.

    ReplyDelete