Wednesday, August 23, 2017

SC659 -- A Lilac Birthday Card

Today's sketch was very interesting. Lots of elements arranged in a very unique way. I would love to know what you see in the sketch.

 
Putting together this number of elements can be a challenge for me. I first started thinking about what paper I would use. I had purchased this pad of paper not long ago called "Lilac Love". It contains 36 sheets of double-sided designer paper. 3 sheets of 12 different designs. As I played around with the paper, I found the elements starting to come together.


And -- this is my card. The base is Pale Plum. All the other layers are from the Lilac Love collection, except for the white piece. The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up set called "Simply Sketched" and the flower is from the new set "Daisy Delight". I stamped the flower twice onto one of the lighter colored sheets with Memento Sweet Plum ink, used the daisy punch and created the center using VeraMark ink and gold embossing powder. I want to try  making another card using this same sketch. I love the design -- so unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment