Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Pale Plum Sketch Challenge

Today was another day that I had a chance to do a card for the Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge. I am always anxious to see the sketch even when I don't have a chance to make a card.

Today's challenge --



I was not sure where I was going when I started out. Layer # 3 was tall and narrow. I thought that it needed a large, tall image. I found this one in the set called "Insightful Meadows" by Unity Stamp Company. I also wanted to do something using the emboss resist technique. I stamped the image with VersaMark ink and used a fine detail clear embossing powder to do a heat emboss. I also used a large background stamp to add some interest to the background. For adding the background I used Memento Gray Flannel ink. I then sponged very lightly over the embossed image using Perfect Plum ink. Then I discovered that the retired card stock color "Pale Plum" was a perfect match. To add some depth to the color I used a paint chip that I had picked up the other night while out shopping at Lowe's. It was just what I needed. The sentiment on the vellum was from a 2004 Stampin' Up retired set called "Sweet of You".

I hope that you have some time to be creative today.



August 20, 2017
My card was mentioned in Favorites for the week ending August 19, 2017 at Splitcoast Stampers.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love that you blended different techniques to achieve such an outstanding project.

    ReplyDelete