Sunday, August 27, 2017

Inspiration In The Most Unusual Places

Last Thursday (August 24) after having breakfast with friends at Cracker Barrel, I was looking at things that were in their store. I saw a small picture. It was about six inches square with a white frame, a navy blue background and one single white heart shaped doily right in the center. I immediately thought of some of the heart shaped dies that I have. Later that day I tried turning that inspiration into a card. This is the result--




The cards are 4 1/4"square. The heart die is from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I love the delicate lacy design.

Then it was on to the next card. This one was used in my Saturday stamping class. The card base is Midnight Muse. I used a large scalloped edge die to cut the white layer and then three dies from the Eastern Medallions Thinlets set by Stampin' Up. The corners looked really bare so I added some stamping in each of the four corners. Everyone loved the card. I also cut a scalloped square for the inside of the card. Lots of fun.



The inside


1 comment: