Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Tri-fold Revisited

I think this turned out to be a very special card. I found this fold on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago. I had several pieces of scrap designer paper laying on my work space from another project. When I saw how to make this card, I decided to see what I could make.

I used a black card base then chose pieces that would fit each part. The card is so easy to make. The card base is a piece of card stock cut 5 1/2" x 11" and scored at 3" and 7 1/4". The card stock is folded with the two side panels folded over each other. I chose to have the smaller 3" panel on top. All of top pieces (layers) are cut 1/8" smaller than the measurements of the panel. I like the very small borders -- about 1/16". I think the smaller borders accent the beauty of the paper, especially when the card base is black.

The flowers were made using the Cheery Lynn Designs tea rose dies. I used Soft Sky card stock and sponged the edges with a distress ink.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the paper and the flowers are the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card offers such a Victorian appeal. I love the papers you combined and the tri-fold works perfectly. Per usual, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete