Sunday, July 9, 2017

"Fancies" to "Die" For

Do you find it hard to make a card without using dies, thinlits, framelits or whatever they are called.

I DO!!!

I love coordinating stamp and die sets.

In preparing for an up coming class on "fancy fold cards", I have found I am going more and more to the beautiful dies and matching stamp sets that I have in my collection. This is the first card I would like to share. I think is called a "joy fold". The card base is cut 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 3". The small card is cut 3" x 8" and scored at 4". Each of the top layers are cut 1/8" smaller than the piece it is going on top of. You can make them any size you like; the small 1/16" border  happens to be my favorite.

I have used a Stampin' Up set  called "Best Birds" with the coordinating set of  "Birds and Blooms" thinlets. The card base is Bermuda Bay card stock accented with Pool Party designer series paper. I colored the branch with my SU watercolor pencils and a blender pen. After stamping and cutting out the flowers, I added some accents to the center of each flower with my Bermuda Bay marker.


In order to make the accent piece in the lower left corner, I cut several 1" black circles with a punch. Glued them together, one on top of the other. The leaves were stamped (tip of the branch), colored and cut out. On top of the leaves, I added three little flowers. The last one was popped up using a dimensional.

I am not sure what I will use this card for so I added a sentiment that will allow the card to be used for many different occasions.








No comments:

Post a Comment