Friday, April 28, 2017

Giving a "Gift Card"

So often when I am giving a "gift card", I struggle with what type of card to make or use. While searching for some inspiration online one day, I came across a card that really stood out to me. The more I studied the picture, the more I fell in love with the card. I even found a blog post with a great picture tutorial on how to make the card.

Here is the link -- Easiest Gift Card Holder Ever

I went down to my craft room and started working on the card (from memory). This is the card I created. The card is a Z-fold except the piece on the right side is folded to the inside of the card and glued at the top and bottom to form a pocket which will hold a gift card.




When I went back to my computer, I discovered that my memory had gotten all mixed up. It should have been a landscape card and I had made mine the opposite way. So it was back to the drawing board.

For the second card I chose blue and yellow -- the University of Michigan colors. All of the sentiment stamps I used were from the Our Daily Bread Designs set called "As You Graduate". The cap and diploma stamp was from another stamp set that I purchased somewhere else. Use school colors and you will have a great graduation card. Use pretty papers and stamps and you have a lovely birthday card.





1 comment:

  1. Both turned out nice like the colors in the first one.

    ReplyDelete