Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Color Challenge

In our card class last Saturday at Altered Art Addicts, I gave the gals a color challenge. It was an old combination from the Splitcoast Stampers weekly color challenge. I didn't write down the challenge number and then I could not find it again when I tried. The challenge was to use cherry cobbler, pool party and mossy meadow colors. There were some really pretty cards. I am now sorry that I did not take pictures of the cards.

This was my card. The base is pool party.  I stamped my image on watercolor paper and colored it using raspberry ripple, pool party and always artichoke inks. The sentiment was stamped on vellum and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The scalloped layer is cherry cobbler card stock. I have so much trouble getting everything straight, I just placed the focal image on an angle. It made it a lot easier. The flower is from the Simply Sketched set and the birthday greeting is from the retired set Happiest Birthday Wishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment