Friday, February 3, 2017

Second Card Set

I enjoyed making the first set of cards using the One Sheet Wonder patterns so much that I decided to try another set with some beautiful paper I purchased at my local scrapbooking store, Altered Art Addicts in Spring Arbor, Michigan. The piece was by Graphic 45 called "Pretty Primrose" from the Secret Garden Collection. The minute I saw the paper, I knew that I had to have at least one sheet. I am beginning to think that I need to go back and purchase a few more. Here are the cards--

The Complete Set


For this card and the next one, I used SU Cajun Craze card stock for the base. I also used SU So Saffron in the layers. The sentiment is from a long time retired Stampin' Up set called "Lots of Thoughts". The flower came from the Stampin' Up set called "Fabulous Florets". It was stamped on white card stock using Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink. I used the Memento ink because I knew that I wanted to add some additional color and highlights using my copic markers. I think that this flower was meant to go with this paper.


For this second card I used the "Friend" stamp  from SU's set "Awesomely Artictic". Using my Misti, I stamped it in three colors -- So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Old Olive.


The last two card are made using SU's So Saffron card stock for the base. Most of the layers are SU Cajun Craze. The elements on the card above were added directly to the card base. The sentiment is from the SU's set "Whimsical Words".


Some time last year, I began to be aware of how many stamp sets I had that I had never used or used very little. I decided that it was time to slow down on the purchases and start using what I had. It has been fun to see how much I really love lots of the retired stamp sets. I guess that doesn't help the stamp companies but it has made me more aware of what I have and what works for me. That doesn't mean that I have not purchased anything new; it just means that the things I do purchase tend to be ones that I really, really like.

Have a great day stamping.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianne - What an inspiration. I love your use of color and prints for this series. What is important is your comment about using older, sometimes retired stamps. Most of my favorite stamps and dies are now retired. Tried weeding out recently and found myself putting about half away instead. Some of the "old-timers" are still favorites.

    ReplyDelete