Friday, February 24, 2017

More Flowers

I was asked about embossing and stenciling with Spellbinder dies a few weeks ago at one of my stamp classes. I made this card to show how you can emboss and sponge the paper before removing it from the die. I cut and then embossed each die cut. Before removing the white oval from the die, I sponged some SU Pool Party ink lightly around the edges. That is a very simple way of getting the look of another layer to your focal image. I didn't add a sentiment to the card. One can be added later or I might just use it the way it is. I don't think that every card must have a sentiment stamped on the front. Sometimes the beauty of the card can speak for itself.

I made the flowers using a flower die and punches. The leaves were stamped using a stamp from the SU  "Summer Silhouettes" set. I tried to add some accents to the centers using a marker.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment