Monday, January 2, 2017

Wall Hanging Update

We moved into our home in July of 1988. In the basement there was a huge "ugly" spot on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. The previous owners had evidently glued something to the wall and then pulled it off before leaving. The spot was just too big for any pictures that I could found.

One night while I was sitting at the far end of the room, the thought of making a quilted wall hanging that would be big enough to cover the spot came to my mind. It wasn't long until I started my project. I had sewed since I was in high school, but I had never made a quilt. I found the fabric and chose the log cabin pattern to make my wall hanging. I did get it finished and it has hung in the same spot for over 20 years. The ugly spot was fixed but the quilt was hung back in its spot.

Last year I decided that it was time for a new wall hanging. After making numerous patchwork projects, I was ready to attack the project. I found some fabric that I fell in love with and I chose to use the rail fence pattern. I love the affects that can be created using fabric, patterns and colors.