Friday, August 7, 2015

Whispy Prairie # 2

It seems that it has been almost impossible to find time to create this week. Don and I have been trying to clean out closets and get rid of unused "things". This is a task I have been putting off for a long time. As his Parkinson's continues to progress, there are more and more things that he cannot do thus I have to step in and try to do "that" also.

I needed a thank you card, and since I had so much fun with "Whispy Prairie" last week, I decided that I wanted to try using it again. I stamped the image on watercolor paper with VersaFine Black Onyx ink, used clear embossing powder and my trusty heat gun to finish the process. I used distress markers and an aqua brush to do the coloring. I wanted to follow through with the square background from the stamped image. I do not have a background stamp with that design but I pulled out a piece of plastic canvas, applied some ink, laid my paper over the canvas, gently rubbed the card stock and you can see the result. Perfect (in my opinion). The card base was SU Pool Party card stock stamped with SU Pool Party ink. Loved the result.


This card has been posted to "Friends With Flair" Friday on the Unity Stamp Co. Blog.

14 comments:

  1. Great card, Dianne! I love this pretty flower - -so delicate and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,love the image a design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I love this stamp. It is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Cool technique with the plastic canvas - I will have to try that (I have so many pieces of it from years ago!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the background carries from the image panel to the card base, and those flowers are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card!!! Your blog has amazing inspiration. I am your newest follower.
    Dianne, some weeks ago you left some comments on my GIU post and you are the winner of the gift from Unity. You have until August 10, 2015 to claim your prize. Please take a look at the post and send the required information.
    Hugs!!!!
    Julia
    http://paperandscrapscreations.blogspot.com/2015/07/growing-in-unity-winners.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, Dianne. The image really pops on the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pool party is one of my fav SU! colors. You did a great job coloring these flowers, too. TFS and thx for the nice comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dianne: I met you at Novi show w/Barb Tobias. I love what you did with the plastic canvas; very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love that image, great design, and wonderful color combo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you knocked it outta the park.....again! Your so darn creative mom! And that plastic canvas background is clever. =) and I am also the proud owner of this beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete