Wednesday, July 15, 2015

SC549 -- Lots of Curves

Today's sketch was challenging. Took me a  while to figure out how I wanted to do my cuts and what to use as a guide. Here's a picture of the sketch.


NOW -- My Card


I started with a quarter sheet of natural colored card stock. Using an Impression Obsession background stamp, I clear embossed the whole piece, made my cuts and then used three Memento inks --Summer Sky, Bahama Blue and Danube Blue, to sponge the edges. Using another piece of card stock, I taped all the pieces back together, trimmed to the correct size and added a little more sponging around some of the outside edges. The butterflies were stamped, clear embossed and sponged with Memento Summer Sky and Danube Blue inks on the same card stock, punched out and layered together. The sentiment, from SU Watercolor Trio, was stamped in the Danube Blue ink (same card stock). Both the scalloped oval and the sentiment were sponged using the same ink. The front panel was finally added to the base card (same card stock).


2 comments: