Saturday, July 11, 2015

SC548

Wednesday came and went. Seemed like I had so much to do that there was no time for stamping. Thursday night our stamping group had our annual picnic at my house. Set up took some time, but it was well it. Husband were invited so that my husband had someone to hang out with.

Here is the sketch for this week's challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I thought it was one of the harder sketches but I was determined to use it to make a card.


This is my card--


I don't really like the way the focal image turned out, but I just didn't want to start over. I stamped and embossed the butterfly three times on watercolor paper using VersaFine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder. This is a new stamp from Unity Stamp Co. that arrived just yesterday. The set is called "Butterfly of Peace". Using ink from three markers and my aqua brush, I colored the butterflies in SU's Lost Lagoon. I used the Hello Honey ink to create a halo around the butterflies. Lastly, I used the marker Mossy Meadow for the background. That is the part I don't like. I got it too dark in the center. The more I messed with it, the darker it seemed to get. Well, I guess that is a part of learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment