Monday, June 1, 2015

A New Day, A New Week, A New Challenge

I missed last week's CAS challenge at Splitcoast Stamps and at The Paper Players. I tried all week to get a card made for each challenge but it did not happen. It's Monday morning and I have a card that will fit both challenges for this week.

First, the challenge at The Paper Players is a tic-tac-toe challenge. Had a little trouble getting the three elements to match one row. I chose the  middle vertical row, but the card also matches the bottom horizontal row.

The CAS challenge at SCS was "A Thank You to Angie". She has decided to step down as one of the CAS hostesses. I have always enjoyed her sweet comments and beautiful cards. We could either make a thank you card or CASE a card from Angie's gallery. I choose to CASE one of her cards and to also make it a thank you card. Here is the link to the card I chose.


 I found a small piece of the designer paper which was retired many years ago along with a sheet of SU Bordering Blue card stock (also retired). I think these papers were some of the first that I bought when I began my card making journey. I just followed Angie's layout and used the elements from the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge -- any shade of blue, embossing and patterned paper. The "Thank You" sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs Mini Tags, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that design, and the blue is such a pretty color. Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the diecut stands out against the patterned paper; this really is such a fresh and pretty CAS card. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete