Wednesday, March 25, 2015

SC533 -- Basket of Flowers

Here is the sketch for today's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.

 
After a busy morning I finally got to work on my card late this afternoon. I was playing with stencils last night. With a small stencil and SU Soft Sky ink, I ended up with a pretty soft background. I thought that it might work well for layer # 3. Then I began looking for paper that would go with my stenciled piece. I found a really pretty design in a 6 x 6-in pad from My Mind's Eye called ""Cowboy". The edges were slightly distressed so after cutting the piece down to a 5 1/4 inch square, I use antique linen and tea dye distress ink to make all the edges match. I used the same inks on the stenciled piece. For the flower basket I used stamps from Stamps by Judith. The sentiment was from a new set that I just received today called "New Creature" by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment