Wednesday, October 29, 2014

SC512 -- Marigold Inspiration

Back in September my husband had a doctor's appointment. It was one of those yearly check-in visits so that he could get a perscription renewed for CPAP supplies. I didn't go in with him; I was working on something in the car. After a while, I got out and was walking around. I came across the most beautiful marigolds I have ever seen (or at least that I remember). I didn't have my camera so I went back to the car and got my phone. My phone is about 8 years old and I don't get good pictures, but I tried. The yellow made the flowers glow in the sunshine. I wanted to try to create a flower that would remind me of the ones I saw. I don't have a flower stamp that really looks like a marigold, but I found one that I thought would work in the Stampin' Up set called "Peaceful Flowers". I colored my stamped image with copic markers.

This morning I saw the sketch challenge, plus I am in need of a birthday card. So I started to work on my card. The first picture is the one I took of the flowers. The second one is the sketch. The third picture is my card.




For the card base I used SU's Cajun Craze card stock. The other pieces were scraps that was on my cutting counter for another project that had not gotten moved. I hope my friend likes her birthday card.

No comments:

Post a Comment