Monday, September 15, 2014

CAS290 -- Crumpled Paper

Crumpled Paper! This was something I had never done. I had watched videos (especially ones by Tim Holtz) where the paper had been crumpled and then inked. Well, I decided to give it a try. Before getting started, I downloaded and printed a copy of today's Mojo Monday Sketch. Could I put the two together? I set about the task and this is what I can up with.


I crumpled a piece of light gray card stock and then sponged it with a couple of different shades of gray ink that I have. The first step is done. Now, what will go with it? How can I incorporate this piece into the sketch?


I found a little scrap piece of paper that would work for the tall layer. It was from a 6 x 6-inch paper pad from My Mind's Eye. Finally decided on a second piece of paper from the same collection and I used both sides of that piece. In order to make my sentiment work on the circle, I had to bring it to the front. The flower was punched with the SU Petite Petal punch from the same paper. When I started looking for a card base, SU Not Quite Navy worked perfectly. I love so many of the retired colors, and I have only a few sheets left. The sentiment that I chose was from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set called "Sunshine & Flowers".

Thank you for being a part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment