Monday, July 21, 2014

CAS282 -- A Day at the Beach

The theme of today's CAS challenge, "A Day At The Beach," brought back so many memories. For seventeen years our family lived on the island of Bonaire in the southern Caribbean. We were missionaries with Trans World Radio. My husband was involved in the technical part of the radio ministry.

One of the kids favorite things to do was to spend the afternoon at the beach. I immediately thought of the retired stamp set from Stampin' Up called "Summer by The Sea". I chose  to use the stamp of the little boy playing in the sand. Looks just like my little boy who loved to play in the sand many, many years ago.


I did some masking and sponging to create the background. I then used my colored pencils and gamsol to color the image. The sentiment is from a clear set that I got some time ago. I no longer have the package and the company name was not on the plastic anywhere. I probably got the set from either Michael's or JoAnn's.


No comments:

Post a Comment