Friday, March 1, 2013

SC425

It's Friday and I am just getting my card finished for Wednesday's sketch challenge at SCS. My goal is to do all the sketch challenges for this year. These challenges always encorage me to use things (images) that I have already finished. That was the case again this week. This image was made with one of the first stamps I purchased from Heartfelt Creations. I created several images, used one or two and put the others away for a later date. That was at least two years ago. So, this was the week to use one of those images.

When I made the image, I was trying out the technique called (I think) "out of the box". The white oval was cut around the hummingbird's wings.

Last night I had a class on "Bring a tool that you have but don't know how to use". I knew that someone was going to bring a brayer, so I did a little practing ahead of time. I knew about inking up an embossing folder before embossing your card stock. As I was practicing, I decided to run the inked brayer over a piece of card stock that was already embossed. That created a great effect. That is the way I created the third element on my card. I think this will be a technique that I will be using often.

I used colored pencils and gamsol to color the image, Spellbinder's Nestabilities to cut the ovals, SU Perfert Plum card stock for the base, SU designer paper and light colored card stock from my collection. The "Happy Birthday" was heat embossed with light purple embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment